High School Students (Grades 7 -12 ) have access to expanded learning opportunities on Professional Learning Fridays. The tutorials will be offered at no cost to students at Father Mercredi and Holy Trinity High School from 8:30 am to 3 PM. The program will be provided by certificated teachers and education assistants.
The program will run for the entire school year. Registration and regular attendance are required. Students will be required to sign in and out of the sessions they attend.
The program adds 25 hours of instruction per semester. The expanded learning opportunities are for students who:
- want to improve their academic standings;
- need help in completing some of the work or difficulties understanding some of the concept or material presented;
- are having difficulties meeting standards or are falling behind
- need additional help for a missed assignments
- need extra help and remediation in the student’s course work
The objective of the program is to:
- To improve High School Academic Standards at Holy Trinity and Father Patrick Mercredi High Schools
- To increase High School Completion within three years
- To develop a proactive mentorship program to support high school success
- To provide multiple opportunities to students to be successful in their academic course work (7-12)