Parent Grad Meeting May 4th at 7pm in the cafeteria
As we begin second semester, staff and students will begin preparing for the graduation ceremonies and events of 2017.
Please be aware of the following information.
Students will receive emails at their google school account about information they need, like dates and times of student meetings, activities and events. Grade 12 students need to ensure they are receiving these emails because this is how they will be voting for the graduation song and class historians.
- Morning Announcements
Students should be listening to the announcements for information and updates on graduation. Important information is also shared on REMIND 101 and the Graduation Facebook page.
- Grad Bulletin Boards
Information about things such as the Rings, grad photos and other events will be posted on
the grad bulletin board next to the office.
GENERAL TIMELINE OF GRADUATION ACTIVITIES.
Note: As other activities are planned, they will be added to the outline.
Any graduation class activities, such as wake-a‐thons, theme days, grad clothing,… is coordinated by the leadership students and Mr. Hamner and Ms. MacDonald. For information about those events please contact them at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Timeline for Preparation
- Students need to see Ms. Stanley in the library to get measured for their graduation gowns.
- Students should have their graduation photos taken. Sitting fees for portraits sessions with Photomagic/Fotosource include your cap and gown proofs, as well as a copy of the grad receiving their diploma and a copy of their formal photo taken at promenade.
- We are making arrangements to have Photomagic/Fotosource graduation cap and gown photo sessions set-up in the school on specific PLF Fridays. Sign-up forms will be sent out for those interested.
- Students wishing to have family/friend portraits taken at the same time as their cap and gown photos will need to make an appointment with Photomagic/Fotosource.
- Students having their grad photos taken elsewhere will need to bring in a copy of their grad photo for Commencement ceremony presentations.
Baby/Young Child Photos
- Students should email a photo of themselves now and as a young child or baby to Ms. Gagnon. These photos must be submitted to her no later than May 31st.
June 21st to June 29th 12:00 noon to 9:00 pm
- Gym set-up and decoration.
- Parent volunteers needed.
- Graduates can not help out during this time.
June 28th and June 29th 1:00pm -‐ 4:00pm
- Grad gowns & tickets must be picked up in the library from Ms. Stanley.
- All grad fees must be paid at this time!!!
- Graduates participating the ceremonies will receive 5 tickets for each event (Graduation ceremony & Promenade)
June 29th 4:00pm — Rehearsal
- Graduation Rehearsal at Father Mercredi School.
- Students must meet in the small gym.
- Students MUST participate in rehearsal to participate in all other graduation events.
- Students should not bring anything. No phones, pens, purses,…. They will be doing a walk through of the following days events and they will need to be free from distractions and paraphernalia.
- Family member and grad escorts do not attend the rehearsal.
June 30th 9:00am — Graduation Ceremony
- Graduation Ceremony at Father Mercredi School.
- Students must meet in the small gym at 8:30am.
- Tickets ARE needed to attend the graduation ceremony. (5 tickets per participating graduate)
- Doors to the gym and seating will open at 8:30am
- Students must wear their graduation gowns.
- They should bring their caps, NOT wear them yet.
- Students will receive their tassels as they line up for the Commencement ceremonies.
- Graduating students should not bring anything. No phones, pens, purses, sunglasses,cameras, ….
- This is an official event. The students will be walking across the stage to receive their diploma and have their photo taken with the Principal.
- As they watch and support each other and take their turn walking across the stage, grads need to be free from distractions and paraphernalia.
June 30th 7:30pm — Promenade & Prom
- Students & their escorts must meet in the library at 7:00pm.
- Tickets ARE needed to attend Promenade. (5 tickets per participating graduate)
- Doors to the school and seating will open at 7:00pm
- Students wear their fancy clothes. This is a formal event.
- Students line up in the library.
- There will be seating in three areas of the school; the back atrium, cafeteria and small gym. Couples will promenade across stages in each of the three areas. They will also have their couples portrait taken prior to entering the small gym. These photos will be available for pickup at Photomagic/Fotosource and are included in the price of the seating fee for grad portraits.
- The couples will end their promenade in the large gym, where a dance will follow the procession of the last grad couple.
- Students may walk their choice of escorts for Promenade.
- Escorts must be dressed appropriately and must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Following the promenade of all the graduates the stages & sets will be available for photos.
- The Photomagic/Fotosource photo booth set up in the front atrium will still be available for family portraits after the promenade. Those photos may be purchased and picked up at the event.
Graduation Coordinator: Mrs. Tamarra Price-Chambrino
Graduation lists will be posted and updated after completion of Semester 1.
In order for a student to participate in graduation activities, students must have the following requirements met:
- On track to graduate with minimum 100 credits and all Alberta High School Diploma requirements met within the 2016-2017 school year
- Completion or completing Religion 35
- Graduation Fees Paid
- No Outstanding School Fees
First Grad Parent Meeting
November 2, 2016 from 6:30 – 7:30 in cafeteria
Please ensure that you do not miss any important events or procedures for graduation. For reminders and info: text 587-409-5868 with the message @merc2017 or rmd.at/merc2017 on a desktop computer to sign up for email notifications.
CAPS AND GOWNS FOR COMMENCEMENT
- Cap and gown orders and measurements will take place in February. It is organized by Mrs. Stanley in the library.
- If you are off campus for RAP semester 2, be sure to visit her before you finish writing your diploma exams.
Jostens Canada will have a complete selection of class rings and memorabilia on display February 23 and 24th during lunch and after school.
The Valedictorian is a student selected by Administration for their demonstration of high academic achievement throughout their high school career.
Class Historians are selected by the grade 12s to review the past three years at Father Mercredi. This speech and video presentation is presented at Commencement.
Contact InfoFather Mercredi High School 455 Silin Forest Rd Fort McMurray, AB, T9H 4V6 Phone: (780) 799-5725 Fax: (780) 799-5740
To report attendance General Inquiries
Mrs. Natasha MacArthur-Poole
Mr. Brendan Toner Grade 7 and 10
Mrs. Connie Farrell Grade 9 and 11
Mrs. Deborah Kitching Grade 8 and 12
Ms. Kate MacDonald (extension 5413)
Mrs. Trudy Finnson (extension 5512)
Classroom Support Teachers
Christa DeMerchant (extension 5415)
Jeff Power (extension 5416)
Science & Technology Centre
FNMI Aboriginal Liaisons
TrudieAnn Plamondon (extension 5477) Grade 10-12
Kayla Aikins (extension 5516) Grade 7-9