Welcome to the Graduating Class of 2016
Graduation Events Information Page
Places to get information:
- School Website
-all the information shared at the parent meeting, including a link to the powerpoint presentation will go on the website
-as activities and events get closer more details will get posted as well
- Students will receive emails to their school emails about information they need, like dates and times of student meetings, activities and events
Emails will be sent to parents at the email address that is currently on record in the office. If you do not get an email about Graduation 2016 events, you may want to confirm your email address with the office at 780-799-5725
- Morning Announcements
Students should be listening to the announcements for information and updates throughout the year
- Grad Bulletin Boards
Information about GRAD such as the rings, grad photos and other events will be posted on the grad bulletin board next to the office.
GENERAL TIMELINE OF GRADUATION ACTIVITIES.
Note: As other activities are planned, they will be added to the outline.
Any graduation class activities, such as wake‐a-‐thons, theme days, grad clothing,… is co-ordinated by the leadership students and Mr. Hamner and Mrs. Ianetti. For information about those events please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Grade 12 students have been urged to sign up for REMIND text messaging about scholarships, grad events, etc. To receive messages via text, then text @merc2016 to (587) 409-5868
- Graduation Memory books can be ordered online
- The link to the order form will be shared when available
- Students need to see Ms. Stanley in the library to get measured for their graduation gowns
- The dates for measurement are at the end of Semester 1 and the beginning of Semester 2
Students returning from RAP placements or heading out can still be measured
- Students need to see Mrs. McGuigan in student services to sign up for their Mass and Commencement walk partners
- Students that have not signed up with Mrs. McGuigan by June 1st will be partnered with another graduate
GRAD LISTING-On Monday March 7th we will be posting the names of all students who are eligible for graduation outside the office. This list will be updated and posted every 2 weeks until graduation.
To be on the grad list, you will need to be on track to graduate with 80+ credits, to be passing 50% + in all current courses, have Religion 35 completed or be enrolled in Religion 35 this semester. You will need to see your graduation advisor Mrs. Finnson, Mrs. Kitching, Ms. Crebbin if you are not on the list. (Mrs. Cachia has already met with RAP students to ensure their requirements)
(Note: ON track to graduate means having all of the courses or be enrolled in the courses required for a high school diploma of 100 credits. (English Language Arts 30 level, Social Studies 30 level, grade 11 level Science, grade 11 level Math, PE10, CALM, 10 credits in CTS credits and 10 credits at a 3000 level which do not include ELA/SST)
- GRAD FEES and outstanding textbook fees. Please contact our business manager at 780-799-5725 for a copy of owing fees. In order to graduate, all fees must be paid.
FOTO SOURCE PHOTOGRAPHY Grad Pictures
Have you booked your graduation portrait session yet? Don’t worry about missing picture day or taking your portraits in front of the whole class, book an appointment in their newly renovated, private studio! Don’t worry about renting a cap & gown, or even getting flowers. Their photographers have everything needed to take graduation portraits that you and your family will cherish for a lifetime. Call Foto Source Photography studio to book today! (780) 790-0460
June 20th — June 27th 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Gym set-up and decoration
- Parent volunteers needed
- Graduates can not help out during this time
June 27th and June 28th 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Grad gowns & tickets must be picked up in the library from Ms. Stanley.
- All grad fees must be paid at this time!!!
June 27th 2:00 p.m. — Rehearsal
- Graduation Rehearsal
- Students must meet in the small gym
- Students MUST participate in rehearsal to participate in all other graduation events
- Students should not bring anything. No phones, pens, purses…. Graduates will be doing a walk through of the following days events and they will need to be free from distractions and paraphernalia.
- Family member and grad escorts do not attend the rehearsal
June 28th 6:30 p.m. — Mass & Awards Ceremony
- Graduation Mass & Awards Ceremony
- Students must meet in the small gym at 6:00 p.m.
- Tickets are NOT needed to attend Mass or Awards
- Doors to the gym and seating will open at 6:00 p.m.
Mass & Awards Ceremony
- Students must wear their graduation gowns. They should NOT wear or bring their caps
- Students MUST participate in Mass to participate in all other graduation events
- Graduating students should not bring anything. No phones, pens, purses, sunglasses, cameras ….
- This is an official event. The school becomes a church during this time, grads need to be free from distractions and paraphernalia.
June 29th 9:00 a.m. — Commencement Ceremony
- Commencement Ceremony
- Students must meet in the small gym at 8:30 a.m.
- Tickets ARE needed to attend Commencement (5 tickets per participating graduate)
- Doors to the gym and seating will open at 8:30 a.m.
- Students must wear their graduation gowns.
- They should bring their caps, NOT wear them yet.
- Students will receive their tassels as they line up for the Commencement ceremonies.
- Graduating students should not bring anything. No phones, pens, purses, sunglasses,cameras ….
- This is an official event. The students will be walking across the stage to receive their diploma and have their photo taken with the Principal.
- As they watch and support each other and take their turn walking across the stage, grads need to be free from distractions and paraphernalia.
June 29th 7:00 p.m. — Promenade
- Students must meet in the cafeteria at 6:30 p.m.
- Tickets ARE needed to attend Promenade. (5 tickets per participating graduate)
- Doors to the gym and seating will open at 6:30 p.m.
- Students wear their fancy clothes. This is a formal event.
- Students line up in the cafeteria and will have their couples portrait taken prior to entering the small gym. These photos will be available for pickup before the end of the evening and are included in the price of the seating fee for grad portraits at Photomagic Fotosource.
- Students may walk their choice of escorts for Promenade.
- Escorts must be dressed appropriately and must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Following the promenade of all the graduates the stage and set will be available for photos.
- The photo booth set up in the Front Atrium will still be available for family portraits after the promenade. They may be purchased and picked up at the event.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
Grad consists of three events:
- Mass/Awards, Commencement & Promenade.
- Attendance at Mass/Awards and Rehearsal is mandatory to participate in Commencement and Promenade.
The Grad Historians are going to need electronic copies of ONE pre-‐grade school photo of each graduating student (baby, toddler, kindergarten,…)
- Email them to Mrs. Kitching (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tickets are not needed to attend Mass/Awards
- Graduating students that are participating in graduation events will receive:
- 5 tickets for Commencement
- 5 tickets for Promenade
- All fees must be paid before graduating students can receive their tickets.
- This includes: • Grad fees; and/or Missing textbook fees or replacement costs
- Tickets and gowns must be picked up on June 27th andJune 28th.
Students that are not participating in graduation events, do not receive tickets.
Tickets are not for sale and may not be sold.
Students and families are asked to network amongst themselves if they have or need extra tickets.
The school does not have or keep track of extra tickets.
Graduation class activities, such as wake-a-thons, grad clothing, theme days,… are coordinated by the leadership students and Mr. Hamner and Ms. MacDonald. For questions about those events please contact them at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduation class school year BABY PICTURES are coordinated with the help of Mrs. Deborah Kitching Vice Principal. Please send her an electronic copy at email@example.com
GRAD REMIND: To receive messages via text, text @merc2016 to (587) 409-5868
Contact InfoFather Mercredi High School 455 Silin Forest Rd Fort McMurray, AB, T9H 4V6 Phone: (780) 799-5725 Fax: (780) 799-5740
Mrs. Natasha MacArthur-Poole
Mr. Brendan Toner Grade 9 and 11
Mrs. Connie Farrell Grade 8 and 10
Mrs. Deborah Kitching Grade 7 and 12
Ms. Kate MacDonald (extension 5413)
Mrs. Trudy Finnson (extension 5512)
Classroom Support Teachers
Christa DeMerchant (extension 5415)
Nadine Crebbin (extension 5416)
Science & Technology Centre
FNMI Aboriginal Liaisons
TrudieAnn Plamondon (extension 5477) Grade 10-12
Elissa Whiteknife (extension 5516) Grade 7-9