Parent Grad Meeting November 1 at 6:30pm in the cafeteria
Important dates for graduates to be aware of :
Oct 4th– 16th – Nomination of grad song and class historians. Be sure that all nominations are made using the form sent to you via your school email. Nominations close at 4pm on Oct. 16th.
Oct 1st– Dec 20th – Graduates need to submit ONE photo of them selves at a stage between newborn and kindergarten. Photos must be submitted to Ms. Price by email (email@example.com). If you do not have access of a photo of your self as a young child or toddler please let Ms. Price know.
Oct 23rd– 27th – Voting for grad song and class historians. Be sure to submit your votes using the ballot sent to you via your school email. Voting closes at 4pm on Oct. 27th.
Nov 1st 6:30pm – Grad parent meeting in the cafeteria.
Nov 1st – Mar 9th – Grad gown fittings. Students must see Ms. Stanley to get measured for their grad gown. This can be done following the parent meeting on Nov 1st or in the library before or after school from November until March.
Nov 29th – Dec 1st – Fall Grad retreat. *A spring grad retreat will be determined based on student interest.
Jan. – May – Invoices will be sent out for grad fees. Grad fees are $250.00 per graduate. Grad fees must be paid by May 1st. Families may choose to pay grad fees sooner if they wish.
Jan 15th – 18th – Semester 1 spirit week (Daily themes to be announced as the date gets closer).
June 4th – 7th – Semester 2 spirit week (Daily themes to be announced as the date gets closer).
June 19th 12noon – Grad class photo will be taken on the football bleachers. If the weather is bad, the photo will be moved to the gym.
June 19th 12:30 – Grad BBQ and Amazing Race.
June 27th – Grad gowns and tickets can be picked up from Ms. Stanley. All books must be returned and all fees must be paid before tickets will be given out. Students who are writing an exam of the 28th will be able to make arrangements to pick up their gowns and tickets after their exam.
June 27th – Grad rehearsal. Students must attend the rehearsal in order to participate in the graduation events and ceremonies. Time will be announced once finalized. This will be about 1.5 – 2 hours in length.
Mass rehearsal – Students speaking or singing at Mass will be required to do a sound check with Mrs. Phinney following the grad rehearsal.
Talent Show rehearsal – Students participating in the talent show will be required to stay for quick run through with sound and lighting.
June 28th 7:00pm – Grad Mass. All graduates must participate in the Graduation Mass to participate in the graduation ceremonies.
June 28th 8:00pm – Grad talent show.
June 29th 9:00am – Graduation Commencement Ceremony.
June 29th 7:30pm – Promenade and Prom.
What are the parts of graduation :
- Students must meet in the small gym on June 27th.
- Students MUST participate in rehearsal to participate in all other graduation events.
- Students should not bring anything. No phones, pens, purses,…. They will be doing a walk through of the following days events and they will need to be free from distractions and paraphernalia.
- Family members and grad escorts do not attend the rehearsal.
- Rehearsal will take about 1.5 – 2 hours.
- This is for students that are speaking, singing or providing offering during the graduation mass only.
- Students will remain in the small gym. This will be a quick sound check to ensure everyone is comfortable with the microphones.
- Rehearsal will take about 20-30 minutes.
Talent Show Rehearsal.
- This is for students that are participating in the talent show only.
- Students will remain in the small gym. This will be a run through with lights and sound.
- Rehearsal time will depend on the acts that choose to participate in the event.
Mass & Talent Show
Graduation Mass & Talent Show.
- Students must meet in the small gym at 6:30pm on June 28th.
- Participating graduates will receive 5 tickets for Mass. Tickets are required for all guests. Children under the age of 2 that will be sitting on someone lap do not require a ticket. Strollers are not permitted in the gym for the ceremony. Those requiring seating for wheelchairs must be sure to make arrangements prior to the event to ensure the aisles are not blocked. Graduate do not need a ticket.
- Doors to the gym and seating will open at 6:30pm
- Students must wear their graduation gowns. They should not wear or bring their caps.
- Students must participate in Mass to participate in all other graduation events.
- Graduating students should not bring anything. No phones, pens, purses, sunglasses, cameras.
- Mass is an official event. The school becomes a church during this time. Grads need to be free from distractions and paraphernalia.
- This will follow after the Graduation Mass.
- There will be a brief intermission while students change out of their gowns.
- Details regarding the Talent Show will be shared as the date gets closer.
- Students must meet in the small gym at 8:30am on June 29th.
- Participating graduates will receive 5 tickets for Commencement. Tickets are required for all guests. Children under the age of 2 that will be sitting on someone lap do not require a ticket. Strollers are not permitted in the gym for the ceremony. Those requiring seating for wheelchairs must be sure to make arrangements prior to the event to ensure the aisles are not blocked. Graduates do not need a ticket.
- Doors to the gym and seating will open at 8:30am
- Students must wear their graduation gowns.
- They should bring their caps, not wear them yet.
- Students will receive their tassels as they line up for the Commencement ceremonies.
- Graduating students should not bring anything. No phones, pens, purses, sunglasses,cameras,….
- Commencement is an official event. The students will be walking across the stage to receive their diploma and have their photo taken with the Principal.
- As they watch and support each other and take their turn walking across the stage, grads need to be free from distractions and paraphernalia.
- Students must meet in the library at 7:00pm.
- Participating graduates will receive 5 tickets for Promenade and Prom. Tickets are required for all guests. Children under the age of 2 that will be sitting on someone lap do not require a ticket. Strollers are not permitted in the gym for the ceremony. Those requiring seating for wheelchairs must be sure to make arrangements prior to the event to ensure the aisles are not blocked. Graduates and their escorts do not need a ticket.
- Doors to the gym and seating will open at 7:00pm
- Grads and their escorts wear their fancy clothes. This is a formal event.
- Students line up in the library. The couples will promenade across various stage stations. They will have their couples portrait taken prior to entering the small gym. These photos will be available for pickup at Photomagic Fotosource and are included in the price of the seating fee for grad portraits at Photomagic Fotosource.
- Students may walk their choice of escorts for Promenade.
- Escorts must be dressed appropriately and must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Following the promenade of all the graduates the stage and set will be available for photos.
- The photo booth set up in the Front Atrium will still be available for family portraits after the promenade. They may be purchased and picked up at the event.
Students that are not participating in graduation event do not receive tickets.
Tickets are not for sale.
Families are asked to network amongst themselves if they have or need extra tickets.
The school does not have or keep track of extra tickets.
Places to get information:
- School Website
– All the information shared at the parent meeting will go on the website.
– As activities and events get closer more details will get posted as well.
Students will receive emails to their school emails about information they need, like dates and times of student meeting, activities and events.
Emails will be sent to parents at the email address that is currently on record in the office. If you did not get an email about this meeting you may want to confirm your email address with the office.
- Morning Announcements
Information and updates will be shared on announcements throughout the year.
- Grad Bulletin Boards
Information about things such as the rings, grad photos and other events will be posted on
the grad bulletin board next to the office.
- Staff contacts
Throughout the year grad class spirit activities will occur. When ever possible activities will be planned for both first and second semester to ensure that all students have an opportunity to participate. This will include grad retreats, grad clothes and other spirit activities.
The following team of staff will coordinate graduation events:
June’s Grad Spirit Week events, clothing and grad Facebook page moderator
-Amy Lyn MacDonald (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Grad captain activities/events, grad retreat and other grad spirit events
– Margie MacDonald (email@example.com)
Grad spirit activities and events
– Sara Wanner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Grade 12 Administrator
-Daron VanLingen (email@example.com)
Graduation coordination and ceremony /formal events
-Tamarra Price Chambrinho (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contact InfoFather Mercredi High School 455 Silin Forest Rd Fort McMurray, AB, T9H 4V6 Phone: (780) 799-5725 Fax: (780) 799-5740
To report attendance General Inquiries
Mrs. Natasha MacArthur-Poole
Mrs. Kirsten McConnell
Mrs. Jamie Beaton (extension 5416)
Mrs. Trudy Finnson (extension 5512)
Classroom Support Teachers
Christa DeMerchant (extension 5413)
Jennifer O’Brien (extension 5415)
Science & Technology Centre
FNMI Aboriginal Liaisons
TrudieAnn Plamondon (extension 5477) Grade 10-12
Kayla Aikins (extension 5516) Grade 7-9